Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Son's Birthday, part 2

Ok, so we had a great day yesterday celebrating my sons birthday.
and I may have indulged a bit more than I had wanted...... so shoot me already!

I had some pizza, some cake, some ice cream....

But I did get my workouts in which minimized the damage. Jack still takes an afternoon nap so while he was sleeping, I did a bodyweight workout that lasted about 17 minutes. Afterwards, I was sweating pretty good and feeling ok about the mornings indulgences.

Here is what I did

chin ups x max
bulgarian split squats x 10 each leg
close grip push ups x 20
box jumps x 15

I did the circuit 4 times with about a minute rest between each.

The workout helped to decrease the damage I did calorie wise. I felt alot better after the pizza and ice cream and was ready to hit the pool in the afternoon.

In the end though, the day was about Jacks birthday and not how bad I screwed up with my eating plan. Your only 3 once and we wanted to make his day special. We accomplished that and I didn't skip anything because it wasn't ' healthy'.

Hey, we all need to live a little right!?

No comments: