Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Resting for Fat Loss

Tired?

Sore?

Sick?

Felling run down?

These are just a few pf the many signs of over training. Over training is not just something that is kind of bad...it is bad.

You need to rest sometimes. You cannot go balls to the wall all the time.

Make sure you are getting 7 to nine hours of sleep a night. This may be hard for many but you really need to make this a goal. Most North Americans are grossly sleep deprived.

Take some time of from your workout routine. You should have planned rest cycles built into your training plan, say one week every two months or so. I personally never have to do this because I miss days because of my family, job or other situation and cannot maintain my normal routine. It is usually a day or two here and there. I don't stress about it because I am consistent with my training and plan my weeks in advance. If it looks like I may miss a workout, it is not a problem.

Eat wholesome foods. Skip the junk food, you know better any way! Eat as much natural unprocessed food as you can. It has the most nutrients which will help you recover and maintain your energy. If it comes in a bag or box, don't eat it!

Remember, no one is perfect. Accept that you are going to miss a few workouts here and there. You more than likely need the rest anyway. If you are tired and need a break, take one. It won't hurt you. In fact probably will help.

No comments: